Sunday, 21 July 2013

Contemporary Art - Modern British Nudes

Welcome to a review of British figurative art on exhibition in New York City at the Eleanor Ettinger Gallery on 57th Street. Enjoy the tour of some of the best of modern British art and contemporary representations of female nudes




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, AA.

    Back in 2003, I saw an exhibition of the works of Lucien Freud, an artist also enraptured by the human form, at the Los Angeles County Modern Art Museum. I must say I prefer these nudes to Freud's more "kitchen-sink" depictions of the female form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Doug these images are more classic female forms than the ones that were captured by Lucien Freud, although I have always liked his work a lot. I really like the fluidity in the movements in these pictures myself. Thanks for commenting Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my comments are, of course, just my own preferences, AA, and do not reflect any ideal on how to depict the nude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As indeed I have no doubt Doug, I like this new realism, but I also think it has a bit of the old kitchen sink about it but with generally younger models. Thanks for your comments Doug.

    ReplyDelete