Cheers Doug, I've been listening to the album this track comes from in the car recently, it reminds me of listening to it driving around Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI a few years ago, I've just come around to it again, Billy Bragg and Wilco doing previously unrecorded and unknown Woody Guthrie lyrics and putting them to music.The project was organized by Woody's daughter, Nora Guthrie and the album Mermaid Avenue was first released back in 1998. I'm glad you like it Doug
A strong and dedicated anthem if I've heard heard of---f*** racism, fascism, and the neo-poll taxes of the far right in all its forms! Well chosen AA!
ReplyDeleteCheers Doug, I've been listening to the album this track comes from in the car recently, it reminds me of listening to it driving around Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI a few years ago, I've just come around to it again, Billy Bragg and Wilco doing previously unrecorded and unknown Woody Guthrie lyrics and putting them to music.The project was organized by Woody's daughter, Nora Guthrie and the album Mermaid Avenue was first released back in 1998. I'm glad you like it Doug
Delete