Eliza gave birth to her second daughter Isabella Mary just four days after the concert on 24 November.
The tour these songs come from was to publicise the then newly released mother and daughter album 'Gift' (with dad and a load of other relatives involved too)...The Waterson/Carthy dynasty sits at the top table of British folk music and is intrinsic to the ongoing English folk music/dance revival.
So at number 7 with 3,428 viewing figure today is 1925 Jazz classic 'Ukelele Lady' which can be seen the link below:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNIyvZ-B9ew
At 6 with a very respectable 3,481 views is the beautiful traditional ballad 'Bunch of Thyme'. Here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4piTON0IMI
But... riding high on the Aardvark hand held video chart at a stunning number 5 with an amazing 4,101 viewings as I type this post we have the Richard Thompson song 'Josef Locke' ........

I love this music. It makes me homesick.......must be that drop of English blood flowing through my veins :-)
ReplyDeleteGood to see you posting something. You need to come around more often AA. It is not the same without you. Oh but when you do come around, stop reading my crazy posts and stick with my poetry LOL, you already know enough of my crazy side ~~~
Thanks Ms C....promise I'll stick to the poems .....I am incredibly busy right now though its like turning around an ocean going liner before the tsunami hits us side on ...so no pressure at all lol, but there you go that's Austerity Britain for you :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you need Dr Aaran's Homesickness Pills Ms C absolutely free to you from any good stockist :-)
I hope Norma Waterson recovered from her illness, AA. needless to say. I have to agree with "Ms. C" here that there is that touch of sadness for a home more of thespirit and the heart than the zip code. These were all wonderful songs, especially, for me, hearing "Bunch of Thyme".
ReplyDelete