Sunday, 3 March 2013

Aardvark's Hand Held Video Top Ten - Number 8

Originally in the 8th position when the chart started on the Hand Held Top Ten, by YouTube viewings.... here folk hero Phil Beer performing the Hoyt Axton song Blind Fiddler.

These images were harvested at Gloucester Cathedral where Phil was performing as part of Show of Hands in October 2010.

I had my first Hoyt Axton album in 1977 when I was in the Middle East. I especially like his love ballad Evangelina and his raucus growling on Boney Fingers...good desert music if ever there was any.

Here Phil performs a solo accompanying himself on fiddle:-

Number 8

Viewings on YouTube for this one stood at 2,990 on 3 March 2009

ENJOY!



3 comments:

  1. Great acoustics in that cathedral, AA. I'm always glad to hear Hoyt Axton get some international recognition. I'll have to check out those other songs you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one !! Maybe it should move up a notch or two? But I guess I have to see what else you have to offer first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one Aaron, going to go check out the others now........

    ReplyDelete