Well after putting up the Old Dance School at ten there were a number of YouTubbe viewings that elevated them to 8th position. This is something this novice compiler of top tens didn't think about because number 9 last week is number 10 now.....
Tricky eh?
Well, my solution is to play last week's number 9 when the Old Dance School were still at number 10 and see if there is any further movement thereafter, before reverting to the current charts and carefully avoiding playing anything twice.
This problem will resolve itself eventually because as we get toward the Top of the Aardvark Pops the margin gets much bigger. Anyway never mind all that at the moment, the message is the music so let the band play on.
Here at last week's number 9 spot from another folk festival and probably one of England's premier annual folk events, the Cambridge Folk Festival 2011 - is Mahala Rai Banda which is a gypsy band who are based in Bucharest, Romania.

Wow, a Romanian band that sounds like one of those older "Ska" bands from Jamaica, mixed with other exotic sounds! I like the way you cover the crowd who are clearly having a great time. This is just the sort of band one longs to hear to kick off a weekend! Thanks for bringing this to Blogger , AA,
ReplyDeleteYes I can hear that Ska vibe here too, but also something Latin American about it with Middle Eastern and Indian undercurrents going on too....a truly international party spirit as befitting musicians from such a nomadic and stateless culture as these. I'm glad you liked it and it is true as you say here Doug, it does make a great start to any weekend of fun. Thanks for your comments Doug :-)
ReplyDeleteNow this is a sound I love :-)
ReplyDeleteYay for the large number of views so far.
Now I only wish these hand held video had a wee bit of the sound of an Aardvark speaking *wink*
Thanks for your comments Ms C ....I think it is just about impossible to concentreate on a 2 inch screen and talk at the same time. If an aardvark gets tongue tied it can be a very serious thing indeed you know.... given the length and the stickiness of the organ in question of course ;-)
DeleteYes, now that you mention it, AA, there's also a strong Middle Eastern there as well.
ReplyDeletehmmmmmmm I like this one too, how can I choose between them??
ReplyDelete