Mark Thomas has pulled off a lot of cheeky stunts in the past that challenge pointless rules and the massive hypocrisy of the arms trade for example and the role of 'respectable' establishment figures. He is a national treasure, I put a lot of his antics on Y360 and Multiply in the early day, glad you liked him Loretta. What he did to McDonalds was fun..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71-h9A2XvWo
what happened to the interview ??...............I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago and tried to go back to comment today and;...it's gone!! did you have second thoughts or did I imagine the whole thing??
I had second thoughts about the interview, I very rarely delete stuff I write, but I wasn't quite happy with that one, but thanks for looking anyway Loretta, you'll be pleased to hear that you didn't imagine it I'm sure :-)
Well, in my book one hundred acts of "minor dissent" equals at least ONE MAJOR epochal act of dissent. Hopefully this will command a great deal of public attention. It is surprising to me the pure gall of the authorities in London or anywhere else charging people to play sports in public parks. Gee, I thought that was what we all paid our taxes to enjoy? What part of "public" has been redefined?
If the in-crowd wants a private event, get themselves a private venue. One of my resolutions is to pay more attention to my community around me and "act up" when appropriate if similar schemes as this one come to the fore. Thanks AA.
You are absolutely right Doug every small act of dissent builds incrementally in a major act non-compliance and pee-taking which eventually cause empires to collapse. Its already happened here thanks in no small part to Mark Thomas who is a hero of the people. Here he is in action on the mean streets of London the capital of the Surveillance State. They love this one at Special B ranch Doug......
Think I like this man, revolution with humour and without malace
ReplyDeleteMark Thomas has pulled off a lot of cheeky stunts in the past that challenge pointless rules and the massive hypocrisy of the arms trade for example and the role of 'respectable' establishment figures. He is a national treasure, I put a lot of his antics on Y360 and Multiply in the early day, glad you liked him Loretta. What he did to McDonalds was fun..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71-h9A2XvWo
Deletewhat happened to the interview ??...............I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago and tried to go back to comment today and;...it's gone!! did you have second thoughts or did I imagine the whole thing??
ReplyDeleteI had second thoughts about the interview, I very rarely delete stuff I write, but I wasn't quite happy with that one, but thanks for looking anyway Loretta, you'll be pleased to hear that you didn't imagine it I'm sure :-)
DeleteAnd.........thanks, happy New Year to you too, have a good one :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Loretta...Happy 2014 to you
DeleteWell, in my book one hundred acts of "minor dissent" equals at least ONE MAJOR epochal act of dissent. Hopefully this will command a great deal of public attention. It is surprising to me the pure gall of the authorities in London or anywhere else charging people to play sports in public parks. Gee, I thought that was what we all paid our taxes to enjoy? What part of "public" has been redefined?
ReplyDeleteIf the in-crowd wants a private event, get themselves a private venue. One of my resolutions is to pay more attention to my community around me and "act up" when appropriate if similar schemes as this one come to the fore. Thanks AA.
You are absolutely right Doug every small act of dissent builds incrementally in a major act non-compliance and pee-taking which eventually cause empires to collapse. Its already happened here thanks in no small part to Mark Thomas who is a hero of the people.
ReplyDeleteHere he is in action on the mean streets of London the capital of the Surveillance State.
They love this one at Special B ranch Doug......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-La714aW4U4
HNY my sweet Aardvark . I will try to be around more now that things have calmed down in my world. Hugs and loves
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are settling down at your end Lia. Hugs and loves right back at you. Happy 2014, see you again soon :-)
Delete