On The Wrong Side Of History: U.S. Sides With Jihadists
The story so far.......
Seminar 1 Question:- Is it true that American Paleoconservatism is less dangerous than Obama style neoliberalism for the rest of the world beyond North America?
Please Discuss.
Please Discuss.
The Magic Theatre brings together perspectives and ideas from across the globalised globe and the inspiration for the counter-revolution of the disparate populations. In the face of the marauding Beast we continue to dispense news and views from the global population and the organic resistance movement embedded deeply in everyday life everywhere including wherever we are reading this now.

I think we should hang them ALL , right, left and in between. It makes me sick. You know I am not good at the "discussion" on this subject, but I think you know how I feel about it because you know my nature. Thanks for sharing this video AA
ReplyDeleteI know Lia, there is nothing very endearing about a psychopath whichever party they happen to represent. I know where you are coming from on this of course, we're all in this together against a common foe, its called greed. Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated Lia :-D
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile - Pissing on the Psychos Parade We Have the People of Goodwill:-
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VocbA5OnaZs&utm_source=emailcampaign358&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=After+the+arms+fair
I think it's pretty clear, AA, that there will be no US entrance into the Syria Civil War. Right now the main story here is not what is happening in Syria but to simply come to some type of federal governing paradigm between the President, the Narrowly Democratic Senate and the Republican -led House, the latter if which is currently in the thrall of tea party minions who threaten to use unlimited campaign money from the Koch Brothers and other oligarchs to postpone the fall of the latter party to a regional rather than a national entity. How it all shake I am not sure, but it is worrisome. This is the end, I believe, of a chapter in US interventions because domestic affairs have become too untenable. Thanks, AA, for this interesting and certainly provocative video.
ReplyDeleteThanks Doug, personally I think this presages a greater deeper crisis unfolding the collapse of the debt ceiling, the falling in of capitalism the end of the present social order.
DeleteBritain is more indebted than Greece ...even to ten times the total value of our entire economy. America is in danger of defaulting on its loans....there's no point in fighting it... the West has to make its peace with the new world order, we have to abandon hope of any possible growth economy and settle for a sustainable on instead.
I don't entirely accept the notion that the war in Syria is a civil war though Doug, I think it more likely it is a war of aggression by Saudi Arabia against its Shia foe in Damascus and Tehran and nothing to do with any red lines whatsoever, that was just bluster and nonsense from Mr Obama which hasn't helped his image abroard one jot in my view. People just aren't prepared to put up with this sort of nonsense any longer, unipolar power has come and gone thankfully.
The problem is I think that the US is a perpetual war state, the Democrats are especially known for this warlike trait.
Indeed paradoxically it is only the so-called 'Old Right' isolationists that held back the imperial ambitions of the post-war US at least until 1964, acting as a brake on globalised militarism until Goldwater liberated PNAC and New Right started WWIII.
It is to me very interesting that Wikipedia points out that Jeff Riggenbach argues some members of the Old Right were actually classical liberals and "were accepted members of the 'Left' before 1933. Yet, without changing any of their fundamental views, all of them, over the next decade, came to be thought of as exemplars of the political 'Right.'"
That statement typifies my view of US politics and the tenuous relationship between the politiical right and left that leaves them more or less indistinguishable from each other.
There is certainly a "sustainability mode" the USA seems to be heading into, which is putting the whole American political and corporate elite in a tizzy, AA. The unipolar world was never what it was cracked up to be in my view, as the military-industrial forces hardly broke stride after the Soviet Union ended and President George Herbert Walker Bush's promise of a "peace dividend" went unfulfilled.
DeleteYou are quite right that currents of isolationism in America has its share of Republicans and Democrats going back to 1919 and Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points plan and US entry to the League of Nations, which the Senate never ratified thanks to Henry Cabot Lodge, an isolationist Republican who stood in stark contrast to other Republicans like his friend, Theodore Roosevelt, an avid empire builder in the Bush Family mode. FDR began his term in 1933 by stopping the military interventions that Democratic and Republican Administrations had engaged in Haiti,Nicaragua, and The Dominican Republic as well as sending the first Ambassador to Moscow. One could argue that with the approach of Japanese Power and fascism in Europe we have been on a war footing since 1940 over here and political decisions in foreign policy have little to do with party affiliation. I simply think the public here cannot be sold on another war/
I didn't mean to imply that the Syrian Civil War--or War Over Syria --is strictly a internecine conflict. You are probably right on the war being made worse between Iran, her clients and the Saudis. On these points we are in agreement.
You're right that the "Goldwater Right" has rendered party lines more blurred. No President since Eisenhower has been able to avoid the hawks in both parties and their friends at General Dynamics and McDonnell-Douglas and Haliburton and the international "brain trusts" who always have a reason to kill other people's kids who did them no harm. Part of this is the human condition and part of this is a unhealthy American desire to ape past empires and give people "the blessings of civilization", to use Mark Twain's sardonic phrase, even "if the torch of liberty comes in handy for lighting up the huts of villagers."
To refine the defintions a little further Doug, I'd say the Iranian 'clients' are Syria and part of Lebanon and now thanks entirely to US/NATO intervention, Iraq too.
DeleteOn the opposite side Saudi 'clients' include the US all of NATO and shock, horror, gasp - Israel as a strategic partner in the area as well.
Whilst we try to pin the blame on one party or another we cannot exclude the messianic zeal of a perceived "manifest destiny" from the picture either. This is where I think Astra Navigo's recent post on Dominionism and the seizure of the strategic high points American state by neo-Calvinist "prayer warriors" who have clearly lost touch with reality and who have regretably descended into the depths of insanity.
This time the lunatics really have taken over the Washington asylum, but if they've only displaced the zombies... what does it matter I wonder?
Paleoconservatism is but a whisper in Washington these days, so the answer to the question is an easy one for me - no.
ReplyDeleteAs a contemporary expression of paleoconservatism I was thinking particularly of sentimens like those in the following quote...
Delete"There is little resistance to the rising clamor for “democratizing” Iran, even though their current president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is an elected leader. Though Iran is hardly a perfect democracy, its system is far superior to most of our Arab allies about which we never complain." – Ron Paul (April 5 2006)
A bit of US isolationism would be a welcome respite from perpetual war for most of the planet I think Scott.
Considering this government is like an octopus draped over the planet, I couldn't agree more.
DeleteI think the idea of noninterventionism has been spun somewhat over the years into isolationism to demonize anyone who dare suggest we should not meddle in the affairs of other countries.
I'm beyond sick of perpetual war, AA
I think all people of goodwill worldwide are sick and tired of this warlikeness, the paranoia and psychotic delusions that make up the entire NATO package. It is a global domination force dedicated to global enslavement and that nutcase dictator type world domination mania thing just going on and on without end.
ReplyDelete