Aardvark hand held history
I got a bit fed up doing this top ten thing so I'm leaving number 2 out, which is another Pentangle video anyway and I'm going straight to the top slot which is one of the very last images of Bert Jansch playing with Pentangle, about three months before his death in October 2011.
A few of my hand held images have been used by performers to promote their gigs and I am pleased to say that the videos have appeared on various websites. This video however of audience scale hand held imaging, has been featured on the New Musical Express website, which for those who don't know is a well respected music journal in Britain, published weekly since March 1952. As a boy I consumed all I could about the likes of the Beatles and Bob Dylan from its pages, in this country the NME is a classic music paper.
Wikipedia link to NME entry here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NME
The video's inclusion on the NME website has meant that it is by far the most visited video I have ever posted on YouTube or anywhere else by a large margin.
Today, about 21 months after I first posted it on YouTube with


Bravo! Looks like Aardvark Hand Held History has really taken a major leap forward here, AA, and it is clear A.H.H.H. tireless efforts are becoming more appreciated by the artists and the journos themselves.
ReplyDeleteThanks as always for capturing the live performance and bringing us--well me, at least, the introduction to the New Music Express.
RIP to Bert Jansch of course.
Thanks Doug, I don't know how it got there but I can only ascribe the number of hits on this video to it being on the NME site. My Sony Bloggie is about 3 years old now, which as you know in the world of gadgets is quite a long time, so maybe there is even better technology available to hand held image reapers nowadays, but so long as it still works I'll keep using it. Thanks again for visiting and leaving your kind comments Doug
ReplyDeleteI love that picture AA !! Ok, the music is good too but I got caught up in my fantasy of the man behind the handheld camera *smiles*
ReplyDeleteThanks Lia....I'm sorry its taken me so long to find your comment, I haven't been coming here for quite a while :-)
ReplyDelete