Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Aardvark's Hand Held Video Top Ten - Number 4

And now at Aardvark's YouTube channel at number 4 with viewings today standing at 7,457 we have.........

Jack Bruce and his Big Blues Band performing 'Spoonful' at Birmingham Town Hall on 31 March 2012.


ENJOY!


Here's the blurb from YouTube:- 


The incomparable Jack Bruce with the Big Blues Band play the Town Hall, Birmingham here performing the old Willie Dixon classic "Spoonful" which was of course also performed by Jack on the Cream UK debut album 'Fresh Cream' in 1966 (but was missing from the US release of that album in 1967). In the 46 years that have elapsed Jack's virtuosity as one of the greatest bass players of all time has reached perfection whilst his blues voice just gets stronger, he is an amazing performer, supported here by a fine set of musicians including Winston Rollins whose trombone solo here is beautiful. The players are as follows Jack Bruce - Vocals / Bass / Piano Tony Remy - Guitar Frank Tontoh - Drums Paddy Milner - Piano / Keys Winston Rollins - Trombone Derek Nash - Tenor Sax Paul Newton - Trumpet Jack has tours set up on both sides of the Atlantic with this band and with other lineups during the Summer of 2012.

7 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable AA, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving your kind feedback Scott.

      Delete
  2. I love the hand held videos you share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms C ....I'm basking in the warm glow of your approval now :-)

      Delete
    2. Well I miss you darn it !! Stop being busy and start hanging out with me more LOL.

      Huggsss

      Delete
  3. By some synchronicity known only to the Blues gods, AA, I picked up a CD of the great artist Howling Wolf recently and it features him doing cover of many Willie Dixon tunes. So this bit of hard-core blues fits right into what I've been listening to lately. Jack Bruce is indeed quite something--he's a "ultra-cool urban cat" as we used to say 'round the neighborhood and in the clubs around San Fran and whatever college town I was loitering in with friends. :-)

    Thanks also for bringing so much free live entertainment. I am glad there is no cover charge of two-drink minimum at The Magic Theater. The waitstaff is quite efficient and informal and I'm recommending this place to friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha those old Blues gods Doug, is their a crossroads without one? I am a great fan of Howlin' Wolf and his psychedelic protege Captain Beefheart.
      I'd say "ultra-cool urban cat" sums Jack Bruce up very well. Thanks for you kind recommendation, everything at the Magic Theatre is 'absolutely free' to quote a Mothers of Invention album title from 1967. Thanks again for stopping by and leaving your message Doug....enjoy the CD.... something cool to chill out to :-)

      Delete