Thursday, 20 September 2012

Two Joined Up Blogs


Sep 20, '12 4:50 PM
for everyone



As Multiply slips below the waves
and all is lost at sea.
Two joined up blogs are sailing forth,
they're all that's left of me.

Two joined up blogs that interact
in cyberspace they spin.
Sailing forth.. I know not where?
but the air is getting thin.

Two joined up blogs a liferaft make
becalmed in deadened mist,
that shrouds the dying Multiply
where I almost did exist

A catamaran sails in the dark
no land is now in sight,
at the tiller sits the limp aardvark
gliding silent into night.

From the heaving hulk of Multiply
ghost echoes in her list.
Sirens call from strange new sites
where they too almost exist.

What shall I do, what can I do?
typing in my hovel
an aardvark drifting on the sea
perhaps I'll write a novel?

But first I'll tend my Gemini
yin and yang of blogs
is this the Garden of Gethsemane?
Or just the Isle of Dogs?

As Multiply slips below the waves
and all are lost at sea.
Two joined up blogs are sailing forth,
they're all that's left of me.


A poem by Aaran Aardvark


6 comments:

  1. I'm just guessing here, but are those the ruins of some lost Native American civilization , AA, or what was left of the old General Motors plant in Fremont, California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the former I must confess Doug, thanks for asking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you have two blogspot accounts now? How am I ever going to be able to stalk you properly if you keep "multiplying?" :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly She, the two blogs are tied together, if you click on the McDonald's Neanderthal for example you are miraculaous transported to the other bit, just like magic :-)

      Delete
  4. Well well, I love this poem. You must write more poetry. I am glad I checked the guestbook on the other side or I would never have known about this one. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any updates ! Bad bad boy for not letting me know. You know I am a bear of little brain :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind Ms C....I did let you know, this whole thing has only existed for a couple of days, you are one of the first visitors Ms C can't get much more updated than that I don't think :-)

      Delete